Mercia Media – Terms and Conditions of Sale
- The expression “the Supplier” means Mercia Media. The expression “the Buyer” means the person, firm, company or entity purchasing goods or services from the Supplier.
- The Supplier contracts on these conditions only and acceptance by the Supplier of any order from a Buyer will be deemed an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the Buyer. No Terms and Conditions other than those set forth herein or any variation thereof under Condition 18 shall be binding upon the Supplier or the Buyer unless provided in writing and signed by or on behalf of both the Supplier and the Buyer.
- Payment must be made in full before production work commences. Those paying via E-Cheque must allow sufficient time for the E-Cheque to successfully clear to our account before work commences.
- In accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, the right is reserved to charge interest at 8% above the Bank of England base rate on all amounts outstanding for more than 30 days (the Credit Period) from the Tax Date indicated on the invoice; and further to make a statutory compensatory charge on late payments, as follows: for amounts below £1,000 a charge of £40; for amounts between £1,000 and £10,000 a charge of £70; and for amounts above £10,000 a charge of £100. Such charges may be applied and added to the debt. Details of these charges can be found at: www.payontime.co.uk/legislation/legislation_main.html.
- The right is reserved to levy a minimum charge of £10 for each written reminder or statement produced and sent after the Credit Period.
- Credit facilities and the supply of any future services may be withdrawn in the event of a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all prices stated on this website are true and accurate at the time of sale.
- If the Buyer cancels any contract without prior consultation with the supplier, the Supplier reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the fees payable under the terms of the contract.
- Copyright in all written and/or audible work created by the Supplier remains the property of the Supplier, unless the Buyer and Supplier have agreed otherwise by way of written contract.
- The Buyer undertakes that they will notify the Supplier if they shall assign, transfer or sell any Contract or benefit to which these Terms and Conditions apply.
- The Buyer warrants and undertakes that: (a) they will be responsible for obtaining and paying for all necessary licences and consents for the use of any copyright material contained in, or the inclusion of any person in their production; (b) No copy will breach the copyright or other right of or be defamatory of any third party; (c) they will indemnify and keep the Supplier indemnified against all actions, proceedings, costs, damages, expenses, penalties, claims, demands and liabilities arising from any breach of the above warranties or in any manner whatsoever in consequence of the use of any copy or matter supplied by the Buyer.
- In the event of any failure by the Buyer to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Supplier may terminate immediately any licence to the Buyer to broadcast or perform or otherwise exploit the Supplier’s work.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any Court or competent authority as invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions and of the remainder of the provisions in question shall not be affected.
- Governing Law: The Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- These Terms and Conditions may be varied from time to time and will be communicated in writing.
- When making a purchase from the supplier’s online store, the buyer consents to receiving a follow-up email from an independent third party to gather feedback on your buying experience. If the customer wishes to opt-out of this feedback communication please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request for your email to be removed.
Revised 17 June 2019
Copyright © 2019 Mercia Media.
All Rights Reserved